Monday, January 27, 2014

Q A Julia Cuckoo 4 Design

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Today Im welcoming Julia from Cuckoo 4 Design to answer a little Q + A!! Julia is one of the warmest and supportive people that Ive e-met, AND she is super talented and creative too!! Her home tour was recently featured on Young House Love - I love all of the personal quirky touches. It doesnt look anything like those boring "room in a box" where all of the furniture is matchy matchy, but looks gathered and carefully composed over time.

Heres a little more about Julia :)

--


Thank you so much for having me on your blog today Sarah. Im so thrilled to be here because you of all people know how much I adore you and your style. I mean I have (almost) been stalking...uhm I mean following you since the beginning. The moment I found your blog I knew that you were going to hit it big. You are one of the most talented bloggers I know.

Here I go:

My husbands pumpkin pie is the best. He makes everything from scratch with a lot of spices in it and I never tasted a better one. I have tried many since my sister-in-law owns a bakery but he still beats them all. He will probably write a post about it soon.

As for a drink I love German "Glühwein" which is a hot spiced wine. Yum and its perfect for cold fall and winter days.


I love adding fresh flowers to a room but I think most home decor bloggers would say that. They totally add beauty to any room. Since I have an orchid obsession, I never have a shortage of fresh flowers in my house.


But if I would have to pick something else then it is a fresh coat of paint which isnt a quick fix, but one with the biggest impact for a small amount of money. Freshly painted white trim and crown molding is my favorite. So clean and pretty!



Uh oh, I actually just failed with a vinyl decal project in my kitchen. I wasnt sure if I wanted backsplash or not so I made a small patterned decal. I hated it and Im still busy trying to peel it off the wall. But Im glad that I did it because now Im completely sure that Im content with not having an entire tiled backsplash in my kitchen.

I learned that you should never regret a project after it failed. It just happens.



My favorite thing in my house right now are my brand new Quartz countertops and my painted counter stools. I cut down the half wall in my kitchen and relocated the outlets myself. So its totally one of my favorite projects ever because it has such a big impact on our layout.




And you know that I love my DIY outdoor cat enclosure for our furry children even though its not that pretty to look at.

My powder room with its sharpie striped walls and gold polka dot ceiling is also on the top of my list.





I have a huge crush on leopard again. It just comes and goes. I want to add it back into my home but finding the right type of leopard has been challenging.




You ;) and if I should name someone else, Id have to say Jonathan Adler, Genevieve Gorder, Emily Henderson, David Bromstad( hes totally the cutest)...do I have to make up my mind?...There are just so many good ones.

Thank you so much and come see me sometimes at Cuckoo4Design.

--

Julia - youre making me blush :) Seriously, youre too sweet!

Can you believe that she took out a wall and relocated the outlets in her kitchen by herself!? Im impressed!! Looks amazing too - love the fresh white with the mint pendant!! Also, LOVE her enclosed outdoor kitty walk. I know my cats (living with my parents, would hate me forever if I moved them around that often!) would be obsessed with that!!

If youre new to Julias blog, make sure to check out her home tour and projects page!!

Thanks so much Julia!! 


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment