Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY in 1 hour or Less Fabric Mousepad

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Yesterday I was looking down at my mousepad and it I was thought, why have I left it this ugly for so long?? Do you ever just have to fix something right away?

I grabbed a few supplies that I have on hand and 10 minutes later I had a brand new mousepad!


Heres how I did it ...

I did it two ways, so heres the first.

I tore off the top of the mousepad (it was loose and came off easily, but it could have stayed on) and then I traced the mousepad with a pencil on the fabric.


I cut along the pencil marks with an xacto knife.


and then took it outside to spray the top of the mouspad with spray adhesive. I laid the fabric on top and trimmed any stray fabric. To help seal the edges I applied a little Mod Podge (any clear craft glue would work) with my finger along the edge. 


For the second mousepad I decided that it would be easier to not trace the mousepad and cut the fabric separately, but to apply the spray adhesive to the mousepad and then put it on the fabric (right side out). I then simply cut carefully along the edge with scissors. To finish, I used Mod Podge to seal the edges. Id recommend this method since it was faster (maybe just 5 minutes), but both methods were super quick, so either would work well!


Here they are in their new homes! 


Such a great way to use extra fabric and match your space!

Total Cost ZERO - since I had everything on hand! Arent those projects the best??  




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment