Friday, February 21, 2014

Project Update

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi Everyone and Happy St. Patricks Day to you all,

Well, in honor of St. Patrick and the bowl turners of Ireland, past and present, here is a project update:

The nut bowl is finished and here it is with a coat of Danish oil:



Next is a photo of the small bowl out of monkey puzzle wood from several weeks ago:

This wood has proven difficult to finish--you can see the scratching on the inside of the bowl. It will need more sanding before its done.

Last is a hickory bowl from quite a while back. If you remember I turned this bowl very late last year and as it was unseasoned wood, I sit it aside to dry. Well it cracked and distorted and basically I wrote it off as a failure and tossed it aside and forgot about it.

Well, it magically straightened itself out--the cracks disappeared and the bowl flattened itself out and I have absolutely no idea how that happened. I picked it up this morning and decided to finish turning it and here it is. Its perfectly round with no evidence of cracking:


I think the leprechans must have seen it and magically fixed it for me so I could finish it off. That must be the answer. The out side of the bowl is rough and needs more sanding but this bowl will be finished soon. Ill post finish photos when done.

See you soon,

VW




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment